Multiline editting behavior that is optimized to handle relatively large (thousands of lines) texts.
that have this behavior applied by default:
that this behavior knows about:
readonly– declares that element is read only.
Plaintext parses each line of text into separate <text> element:
<plaintext> <text>Line 1</text> <text>Line 2</text> <text>Line 3</text> </plaintext>
Together with the standard set of events (mouse, keyboard, focus) behavior: button generates:
- EDIT_VALUE_CHANGED event – value of the element was changed due to user actions. Posted (asynchronous) event.
- EDIT_VALUE_CHANGING event – sent when value of the element is about to change. Synchronous event.
string, reflects current status of internal editing buffer.
Special key combinations
- LEFT, CTRL+LEFT, SHIFT+LEFT, CTRL+SHIFT+LEFT
- RIGHT, CTRL+RIGHT, SHIFT+RIGHT, CTRL+SHIFT+RIGHT
- HOME, SHIFT+HOME
- END, SHIFT+END
- BACKSPACE, ALT+BACKSPACE, CTRL+BACKSPACE
- DELETE, SHIFT+DELETE, CTRL+DELETE
- INSERT, SHIFT+INSERT, CTRL+INSERT
- CTRL+(LEFT)SHIFT and CTRL+(RIGHT)SHIFT – in forms having the
dirattribute these key combinations switches between
Commands supported by the behavior through
"edit:cut"– cut selection – copy selection to the clipboard and remove it;
"edit:copy"– copy selection to the clipboard;
"edit:paste"– paste content of the clipboard;
"edit:selectall"– select whole content of the element;
"edit:undo"– undo last editing operation;
"edit:redo"– redo last operation that was undone;
"edit:delete-next"– if there is a selection – delete selected content, otherwise delete next character;
"edit:delete-prev"– if there is a selection – delete selected content, otherwise delete previous character;
"edit:delete-word-next"– if there is a selection – delete selected content, otherwise delete next word;
"edit:delete-word-prev"– if there is a selection – delete selected content, otherwise delete previous word;
loads file from URL into the editor;
saves content to file;
sets content from the string;
(text:string, selStart:integer, selEnd:integer): true|false
sets content from the text and selection from given selStart and selEnd;
() : [string, integer, integer]
returns content and selection as an array of three elements;