Standard single line input element behavior. This behavior can be applied to any element that has
that have this behavior applied by default:
<input type="text" />– inline single line
that this behavior knows about:
value="text"– initial value of the input element
size=integer– determines value of (intrinsic and default) width of the element.
maxlength=integer– maximum number of characters that this element can contain.
filter="filter-expr"– limits set of characters allowed to input in the field.
filter-exprstring accepts single characters and character ranges. Example: ".@0~9a~zA~Z" – all alpha-numeric characters, ‘.’ and ‘@’. If you just want to exclude some characters then you can prepend filter with ‘^’ sign. So this
filter="^.,-"filter will allow to input any character except ‘.’, ‘,’ and ‘-‘.
novalue="text"– if textbox is empty then it shows text provided by the novalue attribute. You can style this state by using
readonly– declares that element is read only.
spellcheck="yes"– enables spell checking in the element.
Together with the standard set of events (mouse, keyboard, focus) behavior: button generates:
- EDIT_VALUE_CHANGED event – value of the element was changed due to user actions. Posted (asynchronous) event.
- EDIT_VALUE_CHANGING event – is sent before making any change of value of the element. By handling this event you can filter characters before they get inserted into the editor. Synchronous event where:
- event.reason is one of
- const BY_INS_CHAR = 3; // changing by typing single character.
- const BY_INS_CHARS = 4; // pasting from clipboard
- const BY_DEL_CHAR = 5; // by DELETE/BACKSPACE click
- const BY_DEL_CHARS = 6; // by selection removal
- event.data – string, read/write. Contains character(s) to be inserted if reason is one of BY_INS_*** values;
string, reflects current status of internal editing buffer.
Special key combinations
- LEFT, CTRL+LEFT, SHIFT+LEFT, CTRL+SHIFT+LEFT
- RIGHT, CTRL+RIGHT, SHIFT+RIGHT, CTRL+SHIFT+RIGHT
- HOME, SHIFT+HOME
- END, SHIFT+END
- BACKSPACE, ALT+BACKSPACE, CTRL+BACKSPACE
- DELETE, SHIFT+DELETE, CTRL+DELETE
- INSERT, SHIFT+INSERT, CTRL+INSERT
- CTRL+(LEFT)SHIFT and CTRL+(RIGHT)SHIFT – in forms having the
dirattribute these key combinations switches between
(): true|false– returns true if undo buffer is not empty.
(): true|false– discards last change in edit box, returns true if changes were made.
(): true|false– returns true if redo buffer is not empty.
(): true|false– applies last change, returns true if changes were made.
(): true|false– returns true if selection exists and the element is not readonly.
(): true|false– removes characters in selection and puts them into the clipboard, returns true if changes were made.
(): true|false– returns true if selection exists.
(): true|false– copies characters in selection to the clipboard, returns true if changes were made.
(): true|false– returns true if the clipboard contains text.
(): true|false– inserts characters from the clipboard at current caret position, returns true if changes were made.
(): true|false– returns true if the element is not empty.
(): true|false– selects all characters in the edit box, returns true if changes were made.
(): integer– returns start position of the selection, or caret position if there is no selection.
(): integer– returns end position of the selection, or caret position if there is no selection.
(): string– returns selected text or empty string if there is no selection.
(anchorPos: integer, caretPos: integer)– selects text in the edit box. If
anchorPos == caretPosthen edit box will not contain any selection and caret will be set at that position.
(text:string)– inserts the text at current caret position, moves caret to the end of the text.
(text:string)– appends the text to current content of the edit box, moves caret to the end.