theme-images for Windows XP classic scheme

Sciter Forums Bug reports theme-images for Windows XP classic scheme

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author

scorpion
    Participant

Windows XP SP3, visual style “Windows Classic style” without any customizations.
    \samples\css++\theme-images.htm opened in Sciter (tab-item and other images are confusing):
    \samples\css++\theme-images.htm opened in Sciter
    Unfortunately failed to test it with Sciter 4 – it won’t run on XP for some reason (should I install something except VS redistributable?):
    Sciter 4 on WinXP

Andrew
    Keymaster

Is this about XP SP3 ?

scorpion
      Participant

Is this about XP SP3 ?

Yep, with Windows Classic style

Andrew
      Keymaster

According to this prntvpt.dll file shall be there. Check your installation.

scorpion
      Participant

Checked several official installations with all updates but with no other software installed – no such file (+ download link for XP x86 from MS KB is not working).
      Managed to find this one on a machine running XP with a bunch of software installed – the dll was found in system32 (suppose it came with something like MS Office). Copied it to system32 and now Sciter version 4 runs successfully.

Nevertheless, problem with theme:* images is still here with Sciter 4.0.0.0

Tini
    Participant

I can confirm that sciter 4.* doesn’t run on WinXP SP3 with “prntvpt.dll was not found” error. It has nothing to do with themes.

Andrew
      Keymaster

Hmm, I’ll take a look. It seems that printing API functions shall be delay loadable. Seems like you do not have any printers installed on that XP.

As of themes and classic look…

When Windows is not using ux-themes then obviously theme images are not available. I am emulating some of them.
      I left styling of that situation as an “exercise for the reader”.

In next version (4.0.0.1 and above) you can use this media block to put needed styles:

@media !ux-themes {
         // ... provide styles of elements you use when no ux-themes are available ...
      }

Or to call

SciterSetOption(NULL,SCITER_SET_UX_THEMING, TRUE)

In this case the engine will use “unisex” theme (ux-master.css) that is common for all platforms.
      That UX theme is not using OS primitives for rendering input elements. Use it if you want exactly the same (modulo fonts) look-n-feel on all platforms. Check usciter.exe – it uses that “unisex” theme on all OSes.

You can see ux-master.css definitions in sdk/samples/+colororizer/show-master-css.htm

scorpion
      Participant

It’s clear now about theme images, thanks.
      One more question – is it possible to use constants (like colors) from ux-master.css after call to SciterSetOption(NULL,SCITER_SET_UX_THEMING, TRUE)? Or I’ll need to import that css directly in the case?

Andrew
      Keymaster

Not at the moment as constants in master.css are in separate layer.

I’ll modify ux-master.css and expose them as variables, so you will be able to use them as

body { background-color: var(THREEDHOVER,#000); }

Tini
    Participant

I have WinXP SP3 installed in a virtual machine just for testing, and obviously haven’t installed anything else in it. It has WinXP default theme, but the html I load in sciter is pure html; it doesn’t make use of anything OS specific. Still sciter 4.* seems to depend on this *.dll.

Andrew
    Keymaster

That “prntvpt.dll” issue is fixed here. Functions from it are used while printing on W7 and above so on XP they are not needed indeed.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.